Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Thankful......

For families around the Thankgiving holiday. I'm sorry I didn't get this posted sooner, I just didn't have a whole lot of "my time" this past weekend. We cooked a turkey and have my whole side of the family (about 15 people) over for the big feast. I really wanted to space things out too so I didn't get stressed on the big day. I baked the pies a day ahead, the buns and did a lot of the prep work for the monday. I have a couple of pictures to share with you. And I have a project that I did as well to use for a centerpiece, save the best for last......

The delicious pies, I also made my husband's favorite....raspberry apple crisp. Yum!

The turkey, my dh bought me a new roasting pan to cook him a turkey in lol.

My girls pullin the wish bone to see who gets to make a wish.

This is the little project I did, I bought these ornamental pumpkins for like a $1 each. I stamped on them using Staz-On. If you plan to try this let me warn you how SLIPPERY Staz-On is. Oh boy I had no idea what I had gotten myself into lol. I think I had to stamp each letter at least twice to get a semi decent looking image. The grooves in the pumpkin weren't very helpful either hehe. Anyways, it can be done, and I was pleased with how they turned out in the end. I did get a "you are just too creative" out of my sister so it was all worth it. :)


2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow, looks like a great meal! And Cheryl, you are just too creative!

Tisha said...

Gotta agree, you are just too creative! Super cute idea!