Monday, October 27, 2008

Stamp Storage

The last little while I've been accumulating some rubber stamps that are usually mounted on wood blocks. I am going to share how I store these stamps because I don't mount them on the wooden blocks. I love the acrylic block system, I am able to stamp way better while using it because I can see where I'm stamping.

There are however some really cute stamps that I like that are rubber so I've mixed the two systems. When I get my rubber stamps, I pull the rubber off the foam adhesive. I then mount them on EZ Mount which is sticky on one side and has a smooth cling on the other side. You can then mount them on your acrylic block and stamp with them.

This is how I have chosen to store my cling mount rubber stamps. In a CD case. I found an old CD that I didn't listen to anymore and took the black holder out. This now leaves a nice empty smooth back for you to work with.

I cut a piece of cardstock 4 3/4 square and applied the labels to the cardstock and slid it in the side with the tabs. That way if my case gets broken for some reason I can just slide it out and put it in a new case. I also applied the little label for SU stamps on the outside binding that way it's easy to see which stamps they are.

Here is a look at the stamps inside the case. As you can see they cling right to the plastic. I think it's a great way to store the stamps and doesn't take up a lot of room like they would do if I had them mounted on the blocks.

What are you going to do with all the wooden blocks you have leftover???? Well I'm working on that one, and when I figure something out I will do a post up on it. I'm sure there are tons of things I could do with them. Got any ideas?

3 comments:

Tisha said...

So smart!

Kay said...

How brilliant!

Kay said...

With the wooden blocks, you can print your kids pics, or stamp on them and cover them with an epoxy sticker, add an eyelet and ribbon, and you have a cute Christmas ornament to give away or hang. You can paint them first, or put glitter on them.....