Saturday, October 25, 2008

Snowman Shaker Card



I made this shaker card tonight and I have to say it was a lot of fun.

I used my nestabilities and cut out a circle from the heavy cardstock, not quite as thick as chipboard but heavier than cereal box weight. Make sense??? Then I lined up my patterned paper and cut the same hole in it.

I stamped my image on some White CS, and put adhesive all the way around the hole leaving no gaps. Then I added some glitter and white fun flock for snow. I adhered a window over the hole of my patterned paper. Then added ahesive around the hole where the glitter was leaving no gaps as well. I sealed the windowed patterned paper over the hole evenly and pressed it to make sure I had a good seal.

Then I decorated the front a little with some striped paper and a scalloped circle to spotlight the shaker portion. Stamped my sentiment and inked the edges of the whole card front. I hope you enjoy my little shaker card as much as I do.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!
I've never tried making a shaker card but after seeing yours, I might just give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.
Ansa

lauralquinton said...

LOVE IT!!! And what stamp collection did your Holiday Greetings come from? I really like that. Very cute.

Kay said...

Cute! Love this card! You are fantastic!