Saturday, May 17, 2008

Chalk Board - Dressed up

My 3 year old has been having a really hard time with the fact that her older sister gets to go to school every day. So I decided to make her a little chalk board so that she can play "school" at home and I can help her learn her alphabet and numbers. My sisters would attest to the fact that all I ever wanted to play when I was a kid was school and I was always the teacher. So I guess i'm well prepped for the task. All I did to make this board was decoupaged on the wood and smoothed the paper over it. After it was dry I used white paint on the sides and then painted over the paper with the decoupage glue again. This way sticky little fingers will come off a little easier. LOL It was pretty basic and easy but it made her feel special, so that's what matters most.

No comments: